This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Java Path

Dec 11, 2008 at 11:26 PM
Hi All,

I just installed Clone Detective and would really like to use it, however it is giving the error: "The Java Home directory is either invalid or has not been configured yet..."

I installed jre then tried setting the path to "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin" which houses all the java executables.  Didn't work.
Then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Clone Detective since it is suppose to auto grab the java path.  I'm not sure if it never removed the setting I had entered or if that is the one it found on second installation, but the java path is still set to what I gave it ( I also tried several other paths just in case ), and it still doesn't work.

Does anyone out there know what the correct path is?
I would really appreciate it.

Jereme
Coordinator
Dec 14, 2008 at 10:49 PM
Hi Jereme,

sorry that our product did confuse you. May be we should update the docs to explain this settings in more depth.

Two options:
  1. Reset the path to an empty string and reboot the IDE. Next time, the path will be auto configured.
  2. Set the path to something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_07 (please nothe thate the trailing "bin" is missing).
Hope this helps.

Kind regards.
Immo Landwerth
Dec 15, 2008 at 3:42 PM
That worked perfectly, thank-you.

Updating the docs would be appreciated I am sure, however it's already a pretty amazing product, especially being free I don't think there is much room for me to complain about such a small detail. :)

Thanks for your help and the product.