This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Build Error:missing edu.tum.cs.conqat.svn.wxs

Dec 18, 2009 at 7:05 AM

I download the latest version.

when run the build.bat,a error appeared:

(Compile target) ->

candle.exe : error CNDL0103: The system cannot find the file 'ConQAT\edu.tum.

cs.conqat.svn.wxs' with type 'Source'.

can you help me ?

thanks.

Coordinator
Dec 18, 2009 at 8:10 AM

Hi linlookfor,

Congratulations: you found a bug on CodePlex :-)!

As a work around, please access the source control directly, e.g. using Team Explorer or SVN. Details on how to do that you can find on the right hand side of the "Source Code" tab.

Hope this helps,
Immo

Dec 19, 2009 at 2:53 AM

terrajobst

thanks for your answer.

It's really an interesting bug.

I used SVN and got the full source code now.But a new error come: 

SHFB: Error BE0028: Plug-in loading errors:
Error: Unable to locate plug-in 'XML Schema Documenter' or it is of a version that is not supported by this version of the help file builder

(i have install XML (WiX) toolset Version 3 already .)

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2009 at 12:52 PM
linlookfor wrote:

SHFB: Error BE0028: Plug-in loading errors:
Error: Unable to locate plug-in 'XML Schema Documenter' or it is of a version that is not supported by this version of the help file builder

I am sorry, the "How to build.txt" is not up-to-date. You are missing the XML Schema Documenter plug-in for the Sandcastle Help File Builder that we use during help file generation to document the XML schema that is used to read/write clone reports. I have updated the "How to build.txt" file accordingly.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Immo

P.S. Please let me know if you are now able to succesfully build the sources.

Dec 21, 2009 at 5:10 AM

Great,now it works.

i setup the new version and run it. then a new bug comes:

* FATAL : Reading configuration 'C:\Program Files\Clone Detective for Visual Studio\DefaultCloneDetection.cqa' failed: XML parsing exception (cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'property'. One of '{"http://conqat.cs.tum.edu/ns/config":block-spec}' is expected.) @ File: C:\Program Files\Clone Detective for Visual Studio\DefaultCloneDetection.cqa

In addition,could you tell me  some new features in this version.

For example. Do it support c++(or other language)now?

can it find Type 3 code clone now? 

thanks,

linlookfor

Coordinator
Dec 21, 2009 at 10:54 AM
linlookfor wrote: Great,now it works.

I am glad to hear that!

i setup the new version and run it. then a new bug comes:

* FATAL : Reading configuration 'C:\Program Files\Clone Detective for Visual Studio\DefaultCloneDetection.cqa' failed: XML parsing exception (cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element 'property'. One of '{"http://conqat.cs.tum.edu/ns/config":block-spec}' is expected.) @ File: C:\Program Files\Clone Detective for Visual Studio\DefaultCloneDetection.cqa

Clone Detective no longer uses ConQAT 1.3 but ConQAT 2.5. In the meantime, the ConQAT guys have deprecated the .cqa file format (ConQAT analysis). Instead, they are now using .cqb files (ConQAT block). They are very similar but the big advantage of block files is that they have to explicitly declare input parameters. To see an example, just open the file DefaultCloneDetection.cqb in the installation directory of ConQAT.

Did you copy the old DefaultCloneDetection.cqa manually to C:\Program Files\Clone Detective for Visual Studio? Or did you edit the file previously? Normally, the installer should have removed this file during uninstall and placed the new DefaultCloneDetection.cqb file there instead... If you need help converting your customized .cqa feel free to ask! :-)

In addition,could you tell me some new features in this version. For example. Do it support c++(or other language)now? can it find Type 3 code clone now? 

First: please understand that the sources you just built are not released software. Instead, they represent a snapshot of work in progress.

To answer your questions: unfortunatly, neither C++ nor Type 3 clones (or fuzzy clones as we call them) are not supported. Right now, we only managed to migrate to ConQAT 2.5. We are still planning to add those features, but probably not in very next release.

-Immo

Coordinator
Dec 29, 2009 at 12:11 PM
Edited Dec 29, 2009 at 12:11 PM

FYI: The CodePlex team has now fixed the bug.